I do a morning walk daily. It is a simple activity, but it has many health benefits that most of us never even consider.
Yes, Walking is a great way to maintain our overall health. Just 30 minutes of brisk walking every day can be helpful in maintaining cardiovascular fitness, strengthening bones, reducing excess body fat, and boosting muscle power and endurance.
Health benefits of walking:
- Increase cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Helpful in preventing hypertension, high cholesterol, joint, and muscular pain, and diabetes.
- Stronger bones and improved balance.
- Increase muscle strength and endurance
- Reduce body fat.
Unlike some other forms of exercise, walking is free and doesn’t require any special equipment or a fitness trainer.
Research also shows that aside from benefits for physical health, walking can greatly improve our mental health as well,
Friends, I always try to walk for at least 30 minutes in the morning. During my walk, I use to listen to motivational podcasts and sometimes mythological songs.
A morning walk is very helpful to lift my mood and make me active for the day. It is my daily routine to walk for at least half an hour in the morning and evening.
Building physical activity into our life
I am very conscious about my fitness. That is why my goal is to lose weight and control my body fat. There is a need to do physical activity for longer than 30 minutes each day.
Yes, I have developed some habits for the whole day.
- It is my endeavor to use the stairs instead of the lift as much as possible.
- Sometimes I get off public transport one stop earlier and walk on foot to my destination..
- I always walk on foot to visit a local market to purchase vegetables.
- Sometimes walking with a neighbor’s pet dog makes me feel good and helps in walking.
- Sometimes I visit the Seabeach and have a morning walk near the beach. It improves my mood and helps me to get refreshed.
Walking with friends
Usually, I Try to make a morning walk at the same time each day. I find it convenient to do so and become a habit now.
Moreover, I join someone to walk together and have jokes and some chatting with them while walking, this makes the walking pleasurable and exciting.
I also track my walking with the help of my smart watch and set my goal to have 10,000 steps daily.
A study from Iowa State University researchers found that walking around and offering loving-kindness to others can also make you feel happier, more connected, caring and empathetic, and less anxious
Some Precaution while walking:
We consider walking a safe way to exercise, Still, we should be careful about some unexpected hazards. Here are some points to consider.
- We should consult a doctor for a medical check-up before starting a new fitness program, particularly for a person aged over 40 years.
- If a person is overweight or hasn’t exercised in a long time, consult the doctor for a suitable opinion.
- Choose walks that suit your age and fitness level. Warm-up and cool down with a slow, gentle walk to ease in and out of your exercise session.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing, and appropriate footwear to avoid blisters and shin splints.
- Wear sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat to avoid sunburn.
- Take waterproof clothing to avoid getting wet if it rains.
- Always carry a walking stick or umbrella to fend off unfriendly dogs.
- Stretch before and after your walk.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after your walk. If you are taking a long walk, take water with you.
If we can spare some time in the morning and do the daily morning routine, we can feel the changes in our bodies. These simple exercises are best to keep us fit.
Yes, Physical fitness is the first requisite of Happiness.
Please click the link below for the previous blog…
BE HAPPY….BE ACTIVE….BE FOCUSED….BE ALIVE…
If you enjoyed this post, please like, follow, share, and comments
Please follow the blog on social media … visit my website to click below.