I had a desire since childhood that I should learn to swim, but there were neither such conditions nor such facilities available during the period.
But it is said that opportunity comes anytime, you do not even expect it.
Yes, friends, I shifted to a new flat a year ago, that is equipped with a swimming pool in the society. I was very excited to see the opportunity of swimming. But I don’t have an idea, how to swim ..
After doing my morning walk, I used to sit down near the swimming pool to do yoga and meditation. That was included in my daily routine. But I was deprived of swimming because I did not know that.
One day, I was there doing Yoga and meditation while the kids were enjoying themselves in the swimming pool. I was feeling happy to see the kids including my granddaughter playing there.
The cool breeze and warm sunlight in the morning captivated my mind. I was feeling pleasure and calm. A cool breeze was blowing, and I was trying to meditate when my granddaughter came up to me and insisted on swimming with her in the pool. I used to be very scared to go to the swimming pool because I could not swim.
Motivation By Trainer.
There was a swimming trainer Mr. R Karmakar who use to visit here for assisting their clients. They offered me to impart training for swimming.
They told me that he was 65 now, still fit and active. That is because of my swimming exercise. He lessons me the benefits of swimming which I want to share with you.
Benefit of Swimming
- Swimming every day is good for our mind, body, and soul. it is an amazing “stress reliever” as well. A dip into the pool does wonders for your health.
- Unlike other types of cardio exercises like cycling or running, swimming works your entire body from head to toe and burns major calories. You’ll have a tight body in no time if you go swimming every day.
- It will help you develop stronger muscles, good for the heart, and lungs, as reported by Time. Swimming is a great exercise for your mind as well. “
- It also provides water therapy exercises for back pain including spa therapy, standing or floating pool exercises, swimming, and conditioning using specialized equipment, such as surgical tubing, flotation devices, and resistive devices for the hands or feet.
I got motivated and joined swimming training, and in a week, I realized that I can do swimming at 64.
Really, this is a wonderful experience, and found the best alternative of doing jogging during summer.
I hate jogging in the summer heat. That is why I am using the best alternative swimming in a pool to keep myself fit. now, I am doing an hour of swimming daily.
I felt that my body is also building strength and endurance, thanks to my trainer & the water’s moderate resistance.
It has become a regular part of my exercise routine. I am enjoying backstrokes, butterflies, and breaststrokes in the pool.
Take some precautions as well
Yes, going for a daily swim, worked wonders for our body and mind. But we have to take some precautions as well.
- Before diving off the deep end, you should know what happens to your body when you go into the water. Keep watching yourself..
- While your body may benefit from swimming every day, but there is some risk of ruining your hair when plunging into the water. This is due to chlorine available in the pool water.
As we know that chlorine is necessary used to kill bacteria in pools, as such, our hair may end up a dry, tangled, and discolored mess.
To cope with the situation I am wearing a swim cap and also rinsing hair with soft water before and after swimming.
- There may be a risk of chlorine rash if you swim every day due to chlorinated water.
To avoid this situation, I am using a shower before and after a swim to rinse off any residual chlorine.
Friends, swimming is a good all-around activity because it keeps your heart rate controlled and keeps your body cool, and keeps your mind stressed off.
Please see my video posted below about my swimming and will be happy to see your comments.
पहले की ब्लॉग हेतु नीचे link पर click करे..
BE HAPPY….BE ACTIVE….BE FOCUSED….BE ALIVE…
If you enjoyed this post, please like, follow, share, and comments
Please follow the blog on social media … visit my website to click below.