My wife always says, “you have grown old but you are yet not matured, when will you leave childish behaviour”. I always encounter this question even at this age of senior citizen.
These words are always in my mind and I can’t stop thinking about the characteristic of a mature man ..
Earlier I was in the impression that when you hit puberty, you are matured but I was wrong .. As someone said Maturity is when…
- Maturity is when you stop trying to change people and instead focus on changing yourself.
- Maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.
- Maturity is when you accept people for who they are.
- Maturity is when you understand that everyone is right in their own prospective.
- Maturity is when you realize that nothing is more important in this world than you and your family.
- Maturity is when you understand that whatever you do, you do it for your own peace…
- Maturity is when you stop proving to the world how intelligent you are..
- Maturity is when you focus on positives in people.
- Maturity is when you do not seek approval from others.
- Maturity is when you stop comparing yourself to others..
- Maturity is when you are at peace with yourself.
- Maturity is when you can have differentiated between Need and Want, and you can let go of your wants.
- Maturity is when you stop attaching Happiness to material things.
- Maturity is when you learn to Let go, accept the situations and move on.
- Maturity is when you do not react to the behavior of insane people.
- Maturity is when you are able to drop expectations from a relationship and give for the sake of giving.
- Maturity is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self-respect, values, morals or self –worth.
- Maturity is when you have a lot to say, but you choose to remain silent in front of fools
- Maturity is when you stop complaining and start adjusting.
- Maturity is when you start thinking before speaking and listening before arriving at any conclusion.
- And Caring about people, about things, about Life …is an act of maturity..
But I have read somewhere that maturity is the ability to respond to the environment. You are being aware of the correct time and location to behave and knowing when to act, according to the circumstances and the culture of the society we live in…
Adult development and maturity theories include the purpose in life concept, in which maturity emphasizes a clear comprehension of life’s purpose, directedness, and intentionality, which contributes to the feeling that life is really meaningful.
The status of maturity is distinguished by the shift away from reliance on Guardianship and the oversight of an adult in decision-making acts.
Maturity has different definitions across legal, social, religious, political, sexual, emotional, and intellectual contexts.
The age or qualities assigned for each of these contexts are tied to culturally-significant indicators of independence that often vary as a result of social sentiments.
But I think When you are not serious all the time and know how to add a flavour of mischief in a very candid answer about maturity.
Maturity in no way corresponds to absence of humor …. Do you agree ? Please convey your feelings…
Please click the Link below to visit next blog..
BE HAPPY….BE ACTIVE….BE FOCUSED….BE ALIVE…
If you enjoyed this post, please like, follow, share and comments
Please follow the blog on social media …link are on contact us page..