It is true that during our childhood, most of us used to look forward to celebrating our birthdays with great zeal.
There used to be elegant decorations, sumptuous feasts, with special birthday song voices filled with mirth and music.
Yes, we used to celebrate with all our little friends and then unwrap the little surprises and lovely gifts, which are forever preserved in our minds as happy memories.
But as we grow up, our birthdays tend to lose their charm and there comes a time when we start treating that special day like any other day.
Now, Birthday reminds us that another year has passed in daily hard work, meaningless pursuits, and old regrets.
Surely, we are getting older, our life on earth is ephemeral and our time is limited too.
A disillusionment creeps into our life when we realize that we are carrying a lengthy list of unaccomplished aspirations.
and then, we find that hopes of making a fresh start, creating a better self and a better world have been gathering dust.
With this painful awareness, we try to put up a brave smile and find some solace in celebrating our birthday that our friends and family have planned for us.
Once it is over, we find ourself again into an uneasy sleep and wake up the next morning to the same, old humdrum existence.
Today is my Birthday
But did you know that I have something to reveal before you all about my birthday celebration.
Yes, my official date of birth is 4th June, but my real birthday is on 2nd Nov not today. . There is always confusion about which day I should celebrate my birthday ? .. ha ha ha..
I have read somewhere that our birthday holds an immense spiritual significance?
In fact, it is the best time to revive our deeper aspiration for an enlightened existence and make a promise to our body, mind and soul to move in that direction. Our Birthday is that special day when the cosmos showered us with their grace, giving us a human body so that we develop our faculties to the level where we can achieve the desired goal in life.
we can accomplish the work of many lives in a lightning flash.”
- Our birthday is the day, when we should express gratitude to the Divine for giving us this wonderful opportunity to exist, grow and blossom.
- We should get in touch with our innermost and sincerest aspirations and make a resolve to live our lives in the light of this aspiration.
- Why should worry about the past? The cosmos is giving us a second chance for revival, regeneration, and rebirth.
- We should peruse our life history and recall the people who have given us unconditional love, care and support. Take out time to tell them how grateful and blessed we feel to have them in our life.
- There may have been people who felt wronged by us and someone who has hurt us. Whatever be the context, we should try to understand that the blame game would never resolve anything.
There are two great days in a person’s life—the day we are born and the day we discover why. — William Barclay
we should welcome forgiveness in our hearts, forgiving ourselves for hurting others and forgiving those who have hurt us, cleansing ourselves of all the bitterness. After doing this, concentrate within and feel the Divine presence. Think of ways in which we can deepen our surrender and see the eternal flame within us. consciousness for all the times to come.
we should never lose hope even during the darkest moments because this eternal light continues to glow within us.
This birthday is special and we have to keep our promise alive.
Please click below the link for Adventure Trip to Nathula ..
BE HAPPY….BE ACTIVE….BE FOCUSED….BE ALIVE…
If you enjoyed this post, please like, follow, share, and comments
Please follow the blog on social media … visit my website to click below.