All of us are uniquely endowed with our own individual talents and abilities bestowed upon us by God..
We should remember one secret; circumstances will never always be positive for us.
we have many feelings that change every moment. Sometimes we are happy, sometimes we are sorrowful, sometimes angry, irritated or afraid; and these feelings fill our mind and heart continuously.
Yes, I was passing through the same experiences yesterday ..
In the morning I was feeling very happy to see that my today’s blog got many views. I was enjoying that moment with sipping my tea, But as soon as, I viewed my portfolio of share market, I was shocked to know that the market has lost by 3 %, and I was at a financial loss with handsome money at that moment.
It was natural to have mood swings left and right .
And after an hour, again my mood had changed and felt happy to see that the market has recovered the losses within an hour of trading. What I experience is that at one time, I have one feeling that lasts for a while, and then another feeling comes, and then another. It is like there is a stream of feelings for me to deal with.
I have read somewhere that feelings are of three kinds: pleasant, unpleasant, and neutral.
When we step on a thorn, we have an unpleasant feeling. When someone says something nice to us, such as ‘You are looking smart,’ we have a pleasant feeling.
And there are neutral feelings also. whenever we sit somewhere lonely and don’t feel either pleasant or unpleasant. But that situation will be very rare. What so-called neutral feeling can become very pleasant. If we practice breathing and smiling techniques.
As there is a swing of our mood between Joy and sorrow, there is a need to stabilize our mind so that we can overcome this situation.
Sometimes, working is unpleasant, and we suffer when we have to work for other people.
I do many kinds of work that feel me pleasantly. If I do gardening, writing poetry, or practicing walking meditation, I feel very much happy,, To me, this type of work makes me feel pleasant.
We can say, Pleasant or unpleasant depends on our way of looking.
During my morning walk, I enjoy happiness visiting the park and looking at leaves, flowers, children playing there, and clouds.
When we pay close attention, we can easily recognize and learn the symptoms that can cause negative feelings and need to get rid of the same.
One of the quickest ways to calm ourselves and get back to a state of relaxation is to practice meditation. Yes, I will discuss here about Meditation :
Meditation can be defined as a set of techniques that are intended to encourage a heightened state of awareness and focused attention. Meditation is also a consciousness-changing technique that has been shown to have a wide number of benefits on psychological well-being
How to Practice
There are different forms of meditation, but a basic meditation for beginners is so simple to begin:
- Choose a quiet spot that is free of distractions.
- Turn off your phone, television, and other distractions. If you choose to play quiet music, select something calm and repetitive.
- Set a time limit. If you are just getting started, you might want to stick to shorter sessions of about 5 to 10 minutes in length.
- Pay attention to your body and get comfortable.
- You can sit cross-legged on the floor or in a chair as long as you feel that you can sit comfortably for several minutes at a time.
- Focus on your breathing. Try taking deep breaths that expand your belly and then slowly exhale. Pay attention to how each breath feels.
- Notice your thoughts.
- The purpose of meditation is not to clear your mind. Mind is inevitably going to wander. Instead, focus on gently bringing your attention back to your breath whenever you notice your thoughts drifting. Don’t judge your thoughts or try to analyze them; simply direct your mind back to your deep breathing
Impact of Meditation
Consciousness is often linked to a stream, shifting and changing smoothly as it passes over the terrain. Meditation is one deliberate means of changing the course of this stream, and in turn, altering how you perceive and respond to the world around you.
- Research has shown that meditation can have both physiological and psychological effects.
- Some of the positive physiological effects include a lowered state of physical arousal, reduced respiration rate, decreased heart rate, changes in brain wave patterns, and lowered stress.
- Some of the other psychological, emotional, and health-related benefits of meditation include:
- Better management of symptoms related to anxiety disorders, depression, sleep disorders, pain issues, and high blood pressure
- Better stress management skills
- Changes in different aspects of attention and mindfulness.
- Increased self awareness.
- Improved emotional well-being
- Improved working memory and intelligence..
- Improved immunity
- Greater empathy for yourself and others
- Headache relief
Friends, happiness is available, all of us have the capacity to transform unpleasant feelings into pleasant feelings that can last a long time. This can be done through practice meditation.
This will be helpful to keep us happy. If you are happy, all of us will profit from it. Our society will profit from it. All living beings will profit from it.
Please click below to read “Towards Better Life”
BE HAPPY….BE ACTIVE….BE FOCUSED….BE ALIVE…
If you enjoyed this post, please like, follow, share and comments
Please follow the blog on social media … visit my website to click below..