According to Population Census 2011 there are nearly 104 million elderly persons in India;( 53 million females and 51 million males.) A report released by the United Nations Population Fund and HelpAge India suggests that the number of elderly persons is expected to grow to 173 million by 2026.That is good news.
someone’s beautiful quote … You should have courage to follow your gut, heart and intuition, they already know what you want to accomplish,
if you have the courage to get started, you should have the courage to finish…
All our dreams can come True if we have courage to pursue them.
Yes, we have a courage to accomplish them without worrying about our age..
Being elderly, I have to say something as I have got the beautiful message today that I wish to share with you …
- It’s time to use the money you saved up as you are enjoying your retired life. Yes, use it and enjoy it. Don’t just keep it for those who may have no notion of the sacrifices you made to get it.
Remember there is nothing more dangerous than a son or daughter-in-law with big ideas for your hard-earned capital.
And at this stage of life this is unwise to go for investments, even if it seems wonderful or lucrative. That will only bring problems and worries in the coming days. so, this is the time for you to enjoy peaceful and happy Life…
- Stop worrying about the financial situation of your children and grandchildren, and don’t feel bad spending your money on yourself. You’ve taken care of them for many years, and you’ve taught them what you could.
You gave them an education, food, shelter and support. The responsibility is now theirs to earn their own money.
- Keep a healthy life, without great physical effort. Do moderate exercise and Yoga every day, eat well and get your sleep.
At this age, it is easy to become sick, and it gets harder to remain healthy. That is why you need to keep yourself in good shape and be aware of your medical and physical needs.
Keep in touch with your doctor, do regular pathological tests even when you’re feeling well. Stay informed.
- Always buy the best, most beautiful items for your significant partner. The key goal is to enjoy your money with your partner. One day one of you will miss the other, and the money will not provide any comfort then, So, enjoy it together.
Don’t get stressed over the little things. You’ve already overcome so much problems in your life.
You have good memories and bad ones, but the important thing is the present.
Don’t let the past drag you down and don’t let the future frighten you. Just feel good in the now. Small issues will soon be forgotten.
- Without worrying about your age, always keep love alive. Love your partner, love life, love your family, love your neighbor and remember: “A man is not old as long as he has intelligence and affection.
Try to do your daily routine work yourself. Don’t depend on others for small & pity things.”
Be proud, both inside and out. Don’t stop going to your hair salon or barber, do your nails, go to the dermatologist and the dentist, keep your perfumes and creams well stocked.
When you are well-maintained on the outside, it seeps in, making you feel proud and strong.
- Don’t lose sight of fashion trends for your age, but keep your own sense of style. There’s nothing worse than an older person trying to wear the current fashion among youngsters. You’ve developed your own sense of what looks good on you – keep it and be proud of it. It is important that who you are.
ALWAYS stay up-to-date. Read newspapers, watch the news. Go online and read what people are saying.
Make sure you have an active email account and try to use some of those social networks. You’ll be surprised to meet your old friends online ..
Develop your hobbies that give you happiness and keep active your brain.
- Respect the younger generation and their opinions. They may not have the same ideals as you, but they are the future, and will take the world in their direction. Give advice, not criticism, and try to remind them that yesterday’s wisdom still applies today.
Never use the phrase: “In my time.” Your time is now. As long as you are alive, you are part of this time.
Some people embrace their golden years, while others become bitter and surly. Life is too short to waste your days on the latter.
- Spend your time with positive, cheerful people, it’ll rub off on you and your days will seem that much better. Spending your time with bitter people will make you feel older and harder to be around. Be positive…Be happy…Be focused…Be alive.
Do not surrender to the temptation of living with your children or grandchildren (if you have a financial choice, that is).
Sure, being surrounded by family sounds great, but we all need our privacy. They need theirs and you need yours. Even then, do so only if you feel you really need the help or do not want to live by yourself.
- Don’t abandon your hobbies. If you don’t have any, make new ones. You can travel, hike, cook, read, dance. You can adopt a cat or a dog, grow a kitchen garden, play cards, checkers, chess, dominoes, golf. Whatever you like to play.
Try to move on. Get out of the house, meet people you haven’t seen in a while, experience something new. The important thing is to leave the house from time to time. Go to museums, go walk through a park. Go there where you feel good.
- Speak in courteous tones and try not to complain or criticize too much unless you really need to. Try to accept situations as they are.
Pain and discomfort go hand in hand with getting older. Try not to dwell on them but accept them as a part of the life.
If you’ve been offended by someone – forgive them. If you’ve offended someone – apologize.
Don’t drag around resentment with you. It only serves to make you sad and bitter. It doesn’t matter who was right.
Someone once said: “Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die.” Don’t take that poison. Forgive, forget and move on with your life.
- laugh a lot… laugh aloud, Laugh keeps away your all worries …Remember, you are one of the lucky ones. You managed to have a life, a long one.
Many never get to this age and never get to experience a full life.
With the grace of God , you are hale and hearty, be grateful to the almighty and enjoy the beautiful life, because you a lucky.
My sketch Book ..click the link below
BE HAPPY….BE ACTIVE….BE FOCUSED….BE ALIVE…
If you enjoyed this post, please like, follow, share and comments
Please follow the blog on social media …link are on contact us page..