Hello friends, Hope you are doing well and safe.
Being senior citizens, We spend the majority of our time sitting down during the day and spending time watching TV and social media in the house.
I spend a lot of my time sitting in the chair during Blog writing and drawing sessions as well.
We have read somewhere that our body is impacted adversely if we spend 6 to 8 hours a day sitting still.
If you have this habit, be aware that it can lead to a variety of illnesses.
Yes, there are so many harmful effects that may crop up in this old age. I would like to share some vital information to counter this ill effect.
Happiness depends upon ourselves.
- According to a Simon Fraser University and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences study published in June 2022, if a person spends more than eight hours a day sitting down, their chance of developing heart disease rises by 20%.
- According to earlier studies, persons who spend more time sitting have a double the risk of developing heart disease, having a heart attack, or having a stroke than those who are physically active.
- Spending more time sitting has a negative impact on mental health as well since it increases the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, and cholesterol, all of which contribute to a decline in mental health.
- Moreover, Spending more time in front of a screen can also cause anxiety since it interferes with sleep, which in turn heightens mental and physical anxiety and eventually results in an anxiety disorder.
- In a similar vein, social anxiety is linked to spending more time in front of the TV and less time with friends and family.
- A bad sitting posture that stresses the neck, spine, and waist puts too much pressure on these structures.
- The waist suffers when you sit for too long, even on a comfortable chair
- People who are not physically active are more likely to develop bone brittleness as they age and become unable to perform simple daily tasks.
Solve the problems of mankind,
Doctors advise engaging in physical activity for a few hours each day to prevent this.
Friends, We cannot stop sitting for six to seven hours a day because we have to perform certain work for obvious reasons.
But, this news is very disturbing for us because at this age we generally spend most of the time sitting idle or watching TV or sometimes due to reading habits.
I was engaging in swimming habit as my physical activity for hours on a daily basis which I think is the greatest way to prevent such type of medical problems.
Because of the onset of the cold season, my swimming activity has been closed at present. I was thinking of some alternative for my physical activity and then finding an indoor game was the best option for me.
I Love to play Table Tenis
I love playing Table tennis and this activity is available in our club house as well.
Without further delay, I joined this indoor game one and a half months back. I continued playing TT on daily basis.
I was not comfortable playing TT because I was starting to play this game after a long gap of 30 years.
But I was surprised to see that after spending seven days playing TT, I have gained momentum in the game and my performance is as good as it was 30 years ago.
Now one more activity is going to be a new habit as I am spending my evening playing Table tennis on regular basis. I am very fond of playing Table Tennis now.
What you do makes a difference,
During my college days, I used to play table tennis a lot but after joining the banking service, this hobby was in hibernation.
Now, I am happy that I have got an opportunity of playing Table Tennis in our society club house and I am playing Table tennis with young boys and competing with them. After all, I am enjoying it a lot.
One of the first steps to achieve success is to always forget your age and remember your dream regularly.” “After you grow as an adult, the age is just not a number, but a mindset.
Being a senior citizen, I don’t have any hesitation to play with young ones because I do not believe in age … Age is just a number for me. 😁😁
Trying to do better than crying
Please click below the link for playing Viedo…
BE HAPPY….BE ACTIVE….BE FOCUSED….BE ALIVE…
If you enjoyed this post, please like, follow, share, and comments
Please follow the blog on social media … visit my website to click below.