I never watch football, because I am a cricket fan. But, when the matter is the Football world cup, then, I never miss any game of the tournament.
Yes, I love the Football world cup. I kept up my interest in this sport since 1986 when I was a fan of Argentina during World Cup. Our favorite player was Maradona at that time.
Yes, Maradona was one of the reasons for me to really follow football. I watched the world cup 1986 on television even at late night hours, just to watch him, play in the 1986 world cup.
I am Maradona, who shoots goals.
This year is FIFA World Cup 2022, and I have been watching all the matches of this year till now, even I watch the matches giving up my night sleep. I was very happy when the day before yesterday Argentina entered the final by defeating Croatia.
It was a great pleasure for me and I admire Messi for his splendid play. My favorite team is still Argentina and my favorite player is now Lionel Messi..
I read the news yesterday that FIFA World Cup Final Will Be the Last Game for Lionel Messi.
According to a report, Lionel Messi has confirmed that the FIFA World Cup final will be his last game for Argentina.
Let us see some glimpses of that match .. .
- Messi was on target from the penalty spot, and also set up the third goal as Argentina defeated Croatia 3-0 in the first semi-final on Wednesday.
- Messi, who has scored five goals in the tournament so far, also became Argentina’s leading goal scorer(netting 11 times) in World Cups, surpassing Gabriel Batistuta (10) on the list.
- The 35-year-old has 11 World Cup goals to his name so far.
- Messi said…”I feel very happy to be able to achieve this, to finish my World Cup journey by playing my last game in a final,” Messi said.
- After the semi-final win over Croatia, Messi urged his teammates to “enjoy” the occasion. Argentina is, once again, in the World Cup final. Enjoy it!” said Messi.
- It was the fifth time Argentina has played in a WC semi-final.
I am Lionel Messi …. I am more worried about being a good person than being the best Football player in the world.
- Messi leads Argentina to the world cup final in a 3-0 win over Croatia.
- The 35-year-old is playing at his fifth World Cup, surpassing the four of Diego Maradona and Javier Mascherano.
“It’s all well and good (the records), but the important thing is to be able to achieve the group objective, which is the most beautiful thing of all,” Messi added. “
We’re just one step away, after fighting hard, and we’re going to give everything to try to make it happen this time.”
- The two-time champions will now take on either Morocco or holders France in the final, which will be played at the Lusail Stadium on Sunday.
- Messi put on a show for a capacity crowd at Lusail Stadium in Qatar which many described as his best in recent times.
- This will be Messi’s last chance to lift the World Cup before calling it quits. He had ended up as a runner-up after losing to Germany in 2014 in Brazil.
- Argentina had won the World Cup twice before, in 1978 and 1986. They had also finished as losing finalists thrice, in 1930, 1990, and 2014.
- Newly-appointed coach Lionel Scaloni led Argentina to their first international title in 28 years, as Argentina edged out Brazil 1–0 in the 2021 Copa América, handing captain Lionel Messi his first international title with Argentina.
- Argentina last won the tournament in 1986, led by Diego Maradona, culminating in a 3-2 win over West Germany in the final at Mexico City’s Estadio Azteca.
- Argentina has never won the World Cup during Messi’s era, and this will be his last appearance in soccer’s biggest tournament.
“It’s many years for the next one and I don’t think I’ll be able to do it. And to finish like this, it’s the best,” Messi said.
Who will win FIFA World Cup 2022 ?
|2022 FIFA World Cup Final|
|The FIFA World Cup Trophy to be awarded to the winners.|
|Event||2022 FIFA World Cup|
|Argentina Winners Match 62|
|Date||18 December 2022|
|Venue||Lusail Stadium, Lusail|
To read a similar Blog Please click the link below..
BE HAPPY… BE ACTIVE … BE FOCUSED ….. BE ALIVE,,
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment.
Please follow the blog on social media….links are on the contact us page