Nightingale Lata Mangeshkar died at an age of 92 due to a multi-organ failure today morning at 8:13 am in Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai. She was also known as the ‘Queen of Melody’ and the ‘nightingale of India’.
Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar was very critical for the past few weeks. Her treatment was going in Mumbai’s Breach Candy Hospital for several weeks. She was admitted to the hospital after being diagnosed with pneumonia and tested positive for the novel Coronavirus earlier in January. She was on the ventilator for weeks but then on January 28, she was taken off the ventilator as she showed signs of improvement.
On Saturday, her health condition deteriorated again, and she was put back on the ventilator. It is a huge loss for the country and for us. The entire nation is mourning today the death of Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar.
Lata Mangeshkar started her career in the year 1942 and over the years, she recorded as many as 50,000 songs in 14 languages.
During the 1960s, she recorded 30,000 songs and won the Guinness World Record. following the same, she became the most recorded voice in history.
- Needless to add, we have lost the most treasured gem of the Indian film industry. Lata Mangeshkar’s contribution to Bollywood and other film industries will remain unmatched. She was truly a legend.
- Because of her melodious voice, Lata Mangeshkar was regarded as the nightingale of India. She was also called queen of melody, the voice of the nation and the voice of the millennium .
The first breakthrough of Lata Mangeshkar in the song ‘Dil Mera Toda’ for the movie Majboor in the year 1948. She has increased popularity in the song ‘Aaayega Aaanewala’ in the movie Mahal. The last song of Lata Mangeshkar was ‘Saugandh Mujhe Is Mitti Ki’ which was released on March 30, 2021
For her contribution to cinema and the field of arts, Lata Mangeshkar was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1969, the Padma Vibhushan in 1999, and the Bharat Ratna in 2001. She was also conferred the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1989 by the government of India and France’s highest civilian award, the Legion of Honour, in 2007.
- Songs sung by late Lata Mangeshkar are being played at Shivaji Park maidan in Mumbai. The legendary singer has been cremated at 6:30 pm
- The iconic Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar’s death has saddened not just her fans here but also in the neighboring country Pakistan. Popular actor-singer Ali Zafar paid a tribute to the late singer with a beautiful rendition.
- Pakistani singer Ali Zafar paid a musical tribute to Lata Mangeshkar. He tweeted, “Words cannot define a legend like #LataMangeshkar Ji. Only music can perhaps whisper to her everlasting greatness. Re-sharing a humble tribute. May God bless her soul in eternal peace.”
- Pakistani cricket coach Waqar Younis tweeted, “Deeply saddened by the news of Lata Mangeshkar Ji’s passing away. There will never be another ‘LATA’ #RIP #LEGEND.”.
- Former Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh expresses his deepest sorrow on the passing away of Lata Mangeshkar ji.
- Lata Mangeshkar, one of the India’s most beloved singers, has been cremated in Mumbai with full state honours.
- PM Narendra Modi and stars of the entertainment industry attended the funeral, where large crows gathered to pay their respect..
May you rest in heavenly peace # Lata Mangeshkar.