It is a fashion today to have pet dogs which can be seen during morning walk , the people going with their pet dogs. the people not have only dogs, but they have cats ,birds like parrot and other animals as pet.. Some of my friends suggest that it is a tension buster and we feel happy feeling happy with our pets at the home..
It is also important to have some knowledge about pets and their common diseases before planning to keep a pet dogs..
- PROVIDE A PROTECTED AND CLEAN LIVING ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR DOG. protection Shelter from the elements and health hazards, as well as good hygiene, are basic to a quality life.
- ALWAYS KEEP FRESH WATER AVAILABLE. Maintaining optimal hydration is important for health and energy of your pet.
- FEED A QUALITY DIET AND PREVENT OBESITY. Overweight humans and animals can adversely affect health in many ways. Follow the dietary recommendations that your veterinary doctor will make according to the nutritional needs of your dog, based on size, age, level of activity and breed. Always remember to provide healthy treats rather than table scraps, as rewards.
- HAVE YOUR PET EXAMINED BY A VETERINARIAN ON A REGULAR BASIS. Your veterinarian will provide you with the information on vaccination schedules, deworming and external parasite control. Keep a copy of your pet’s vaccination records in your home or with you when you travel. Contact your veterinarian if you believe that your pet may be ill, injured, or if something that just doesn’t seem right. Your veterinarian is the expert on keeping your dog healthy. Work as a team with him or her.
- PROVIDE AMPLE OPPORTUNITIES TO EXERCISE. Make sure your dog gets the regular exercise needed to enable it to be fit. By being in shape, your dog will be more capable of participating in the activities that it enjoys.
- COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR DOG AND DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP. Dogs are social creatures and they need to interact with their owner. Quality time will help you get to know your dog and understand their particular needs that it might have, as well enhance your ability to recognize early signs of an illness that could be developing. In addition, time spent in developing a relationship will help prevent many undesirable behavioral patterns.
- TRAIN YOUR DOG TO FOLLOW THE SIMPLE COMMANDS. Puppy and dog training classes can be very helpful. The better your dog is following basic and commands, the greater the chances are that your dog will live a safe and long life.
- PRACTICE REPRODUCTIVE CONTROL. If you do not intend to create puppies, spaying or neutering is a good option. If you plan to breed your dog or are opposed to spaying and neutering for other reasons, take appropriate measures to prevent mismatings. Consult with your veterinarian in regard to other options that are available.
- DENTAL CARE IS VERY IMPORTANT. Many breeds are prone to gum disease, which can cause serious implications. Infection resulting from this condition leads to premature tooth loss, and can commonly cause infections in major organs, including the heart valves.
- DON’T OVERLOOK GROOMING AND NAIL TRIMMING. Long coated dogs are prone to developing Matts and ice balls in their hair. Overgrown nails are common in elderly dogs and can make it more difficult for them to walk. In addition, such nails are much more prone to breaking, which can be quite painful.
- Always you should have vet’s number for contacting in emergency . Always keep the first aid at home; know an emergency procedure to save the life of your pet .You can have basic first aid training from your veterinary doctor, which will be quite useful at the time of emergency.
- The most common encountered problems with the pet that they sometimes consume harmful and toxic substance like rat poison ,toilet cleaner, fertilizers, batteries , harmful drugs kept in the house or other places due to pets natural habit. Keep all these out of their reach. In case of consumption, take your pet to the doctor immediately after giving first aid.
- In case of accident or trauma, take your pet to the vet doctor/visit clinic immediately. If the pet is bleeding, try to stop the flow of blood. It is important not to frighten your pet, and panic yourself.
- In certain condition of illness, your pet may stop breathing, in such situation provide the type of external breathing known as rescue breathing by shutting the dog’s mouth with your hand and pumping air into pet’s nostril directly by your mouth until you see his chest expanded. Once the chest expands, continue rescue breathing once every 4-5 seconds till vet doctor treatment.
IN CONCLUSION, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. READ UP AND LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ABOUT YOUR DOG’S BREED SPECIFICALLY, AND ABOUT RAISING, TRAINING AND LIVING WITH DOGS, IN GENERAL. THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE CONFIDENT YOU’LL BE IN PROVIDING A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE HOME FOR YOUR PET DOG.
BE HAPPY… BE ACTIVE … BE FOCUSED ….. BE ALIVE,,
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to like, follow, share and comments.
Please follow the blog on social media….links are on the contact us page